How To Register
Participants of the Massive Stars 2020 Summer School are expected to attend the main IAU Symposium 361 in the following week. The registration process is therefore coupled, but requires a few additional steps. Please make sure to read the following instructions before heading to the main registration:
- The deadline to register your interest in attending the Summer School is 14th December 2019.
- The registration is done via the Symposium registration form.
- In the “Summer School” section of the Symposium registration form, please select “yes” if you want to attend the school and write a few sentences in the next text box for why you wish to attend.
Participation is not on a first-come basis, but participants will be selected by the organisers based on criteria including the topic of your research, attendance at the Symposium the following week, access to such training resources in your home country, and how the organisers see that you and your career will benefit from attending the school.
- Please ask an academic supervisor or mentor (ideally your official or de-facto thesis supervisor) to send a paragraph supporting your application and outlining your suitability for the Summer School to email@example.com.
- The registration fee for the summer school will be €220. This includes facilities, lunches and coffee breaks and a contribution to the expenses for the lecturers and tutors, but not accommodation.
- If you are also attending the Symposium, we encourage you to apply for travel support when you are registering. A limited amount of funding is available to participants, especially to those from countries where researchers may not have access to significant travel funds.
Recommendations for accommodation in Birr will follow in due course. Participants are expected to arrive in Birr on the evening of Tuesday, 12th of May 2020.